Sunday, March 6, 2022

The Fountain: Chapter Four

 Matt’s hand flew to his cheek which had already turned red. “How was I supposed to know!”

“You. Son of a bitch!” I screamed. 

“Andy, calm down.” Matt said softly. 

“DO NOT tell me to calm down.” I said, my voice rising even more. “You turned me into a woman!” I shouted.

“I didn’t ask for this!” Matt said defensively. “It’s not like I wished for you to be a woman, just to find a woman like… you.” I could see a look of understanding and guilt fall over Matt’s face, replacing one of defiance. 


I nodded curtly. “Yeah, do you see?”

“Andy I am so sorry.” He said. “What can I do?”

I turned on my heel and began marching back to my room. “You can start by grabbing a quarter from the bowl on the counter. We are headed to the park to un-wish this.” I shouted as I slammed my bedroom door behind me. 

For a moment, I rested my back against the closed door and took a few deep breaths. I knew this wasn’t exactly Matt’s fault. There was no way in hell he could have ever predicted something like this would happen. It wasn’t as if we were living in some kind of fantasy world where wish magic was a real thing. However, that did not change the fact that I was now a member of the fairer sex thanks to his actions and I would prefer that he not forget that.

Step one, I supposed, would be getting dressed. I peered around my room at the clothes that littered the floor to get an idea of what I was about to walk in to. Thankfully they mostly seemed to be a mix of band tees and other graphic teeshirts. There were a few more feminine tops folded on my dresser. 

“Okay.” I said to myself. “At least female me isn’t too much of a girly-girl.” 

I walked over to the closet and swung it open. The contents were pretty much what I expected. There was a rack set up on the floor with three shelves of shoes ranging from Vans to a very intimidating pair of black velvet heels. There were a few summer dresses hung up neatly as well as a few flannels and sweaters mixed throughout.

I closed the door to the closet and walked over to the dresser. I couldn’t shake the feeling that somehow I was invading another person’s privacy. The idea that all these feminine items were mine was overwhelmingly difficult to comprehend.

I pulled open the first drawer. Bras. Bras as far as the eye could see. Holy moly did I own a lot of bras. Lace ones, satin ones, bras with padding, bras for sport, bras for pleasure, bras for lounging. I grabbed the most basic looking bra I could spot and closed that drawer before my head exploded. Second drawer, underwear. Thongs, briefs and other more… intimate ones. Again, at the risk of an aneurism, I grabbed a pair of basic-ass briefs and nope-ed out quickly.

Third drawer. Pants. Okay, last stop. My hand went for a pair of jeans but stopped once I spotted something else. A few pairs of yoga pants, neatly rolled up and tucked beside the jeans. I had always admired the work of yoga pants and to a certain extent, had always been jealous that they were such a socially acceptable garment. My sister always said that her yoga pants were the most comfortable item of clothing she owned. 

“Screw it.” I said to myself as I grabbed a pair and shut the drawer. I was planning on un-wishing all this madness anyway, what was the harm in indulging a little curiosity.

After a minute of fumbling with the clasp I managed to get the bra on and slipped on the underwear. I took a quick glance in the mirror and adjusted the bra accordingly. It had an underwire which provided a subtle lift to my chest and created, what I’m sure Matt, would consider a pleasant amount of cleavage.

“Nothing out of the ordinary here.” I said with a sigh. “Just casually, and appropriately, wearing a bra and panties. Not like I had a penis yesterday or anything.” I frowned but… had to admit that I looked pretty hot. 

I grabbed a teeshirt off the floor and threw it on and pulled on the yoga pants before heading back over to the closest for the Vans I spotted earlier. Outfit complete, I took another look in the mirror. Yup, still cute, still absolutely mind-boggling. The yoga pants, as advertised, were extremely comfortable despite the fact that I was a bit unnerved by how they brought attention to my ass and conspicuously flat crotch. 

I grabbed a hair tie from my dresser and pulled my hair back in a tail. 

“Minimal effort.” I said with another sigh. 

I walked back out into the kitchen where Matt was waiting at the table. He was nervously drumming his fingers when he saw me coming. He opened his mouth to speak but I held up my hand to stop him. 

“Look…” I said. “I know you are sorry. There was no way you could have known this would happen.”

“So, you’re not mad?”

I sighed. “Matt, look at me.” I said. “I’m wearing women’s underwear. Yes, I am mad.” I stated. “At the situation, a situation you caused, admittedly, but just the situation.”

Matt let out a sigh of relief and nodded. 

“Okay, now, I’m sure that I have a bag or something because these have no pockets.” I patted my thighs. I glanced around and spotted a small green satchel hanging off a chair. “Let’s take a look at who I am, shall we?” I said as I dumped the contents onto the table. 

The entire bag was like a condensed reminder of my new gender. A small compact and tube of lipstick rolled to the other side of the table. A tampon and a pad landed with a massive thunk, although the weight may have been exaggerated by my mind once I saw them. Among the other small pieces of clutter that came out of the bag, I spotted a wallet with a few cards in it. 

I flicked it open and pulled out my drivers license. 

“Huh.” I said as I peered at it. “Andrea Marie Sanders.”

“Marie?” Matt asked.

“It was my grandmother’s name.” I replied with my eyes still fixed on the name and picture. “That’s kind of sweet.”

“What’s this?” Matt asked as he handed me another card.

“Looks like a medical card.” I said and began to read from the box that said important notice. “The holder of this card is using a progesterone-only subnormal contraceptive implant. The implant is located a the inner side of the upper arm.” The text continued but as my brain registered what I was reading, I stopped and put the card down. 

“What’s wrong.” Matt asked. 

“It’s for birth control.” I said dryly. “My birth control. That I am on.” I emphasized the word I every time I said it. “So that I don’t get pregnant.” 

I felt like using mouthwash. I realize that pregnancy and periods were all part of the whole female package but it was such a different feeling knowing that it was something that actually happens to me, now.

“Well that’s a relief.” Matt said. “At least you don’t have to worry about getting pregnant.” 

I scoffed. “That would require things that I am absolutely not in a million years prepared to do.” I said as I scooped up the contents of the table and returned them to my bag.

“You aren’t even curious what it is like?” 

I glared at Matt. “I’m not even going to answer that.” I said. “Come on- shit.” I turned back to my bedroom. “I forgot my phone.”

My phone was still sitting on my bed where I left it. When I went to grab for it, it began to ring. I picked it up and when I saw the caller ID, my knees gave out and I had to sit down. For twelve years, not a day went by that I didn’t miss seeing his face. When I thought about what I wouldn’t give to see his name pop up on my phone again, I never knew it would come down to my gender. 


No comments:

Post a Comment