Sunday, February 6, 2022

The Fountain: Chapter Two

I wasn’t quite sure how I managed to get back home, let alone get into bed but as my eyes cracked open I realized at some point in the night, I must have managed to stumble back to my apartment. 

For a few minutes I laid still, willing myself to go back to sleep. Unfortunately, my alcohol filled bladder was screaming at me to do otherwise. There was something else though. Something felt off, actually to be more specific, everything felt off. For one, I was wearing clothes. Boxers and a tank top which was weird. I normally slept naked.

Secondly, and perhaps I was still drunk, but I felt… smaller. Like someone had either shrunk me or made my bed significantly bigger. 


I sat up and threw the covers off my body and in an instant, tried to comprehend what I was seeing. Two round, smooth thighs were sticking out of a pink pair of silky shorts. I rubbed at my eyes to knock out some of the sleep and force my eyes to adjust to the darkness and I realized something was truly and terribly wrong with what I was seeing. 

I peered down at my hands. They were small and delicate with pale polish on the nails. My small hands were connected to equally small and slender arms which connected to my torso which had… holy shit. 

Boobs. Two of them. Two soft globes of flesh incased in a very thin tank top were now sitting on my chest. I could feel myself starting to hyperventilate. If I had been drunk when I woke up, I was certainly sober now.

My attention turned back to my shorts. The front of which clung very tightly to a sickeningly empty and flat crotch. Trembling, my hand made its way between my legs and felt the warmth coming from something that was most defiantly not a penis.

I swung my legs off the bed. Much like my thighs, they too were slender and smooth. I hopped up and stumbled slightly as I adjusted to an entirely new center of gravity before making my way into my bathroom. I flicked on the light and turned towards the mirror.

From the thin tank top to the silky shorts, and everything in between, there was nothing about the person in the mirror that did not scream female. My fight or flight reaction had started to kick in as my mind tried to comprehend what I was seeing. The woman staring back at me was a complete stranger, and yet there was something oddly familiar about her. Her body and figure reminded me a lot of my sister Jessica when she was my age. In fact, her face reminded me a lot of Jessica as well. Almost as if I was looking at the reflection of Jessica’s sister.

I brought my trembling hands up to my face and felt the soft, smooth skin. My fingers ran through my long hair getting stuck on a few knots on the way. My mind was struggling with an insane disconnect. Every synapse fired off telling me that what I was experiencing was not and could not be real. Meanwhile every sensation I felt, the touch of my fingers, the warm spring air from the cracked window, the sound of blood rushing in my ears, everything else was telling me this was truly and horribly real. 

I steadied myself at the sink as my knees started to wobble and threaten to give way. Slowly, I lowered myself to the ground with my pale knees close to my chest. Doing so smushed the new found additions to my chest creating a brand new, rather novel, sensation. I held my knees and took deep breaths in an attempt to calm myself. 

Clearly I was suffering from a mental breakdown. 

But to what degree? Was I hallucinating currently? Or had the last twenty-eight years of my life been one long dream that I just woke up from? 

Whoa, don’t open that rabbit hole. 

Let’s focus on reality. I knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt that this was still my apartment. I woke up in my room and I was currently sitting on the floor of my bathroom. I’ve lived here for five years, I could navigate it with my eyes closed.

My eyes flicked over to the towel rack. My old navy blue towel that I swiped from Mom’s house before I moved out was still hanging there. This was good. 

I think. 

I felt my heart rate start to slow down and I very carefully pulled myself back to my feet. As I did, I stumbled slightly and felt the very real bounce of the breasts on my chest and pull at the straps of the tank top I was wearing.

Nope. Too much. Going down. My knees gave out and my vision slowly faded to black. 


1 comment: